First Attempt...

Valentines Day....my boyfriend and I had only been dating for a month and I wanted to get him something but wasn't exactly sure what to do. I ended up giving him a framed picture of us and also....baking gluten-free cupcakes and brownies for him. The brownies were from a mix but the cupcakes were made from scratch. Here is the cookbook I got the recipe from:



This cookbook is amazing! It has sooo many different types of icings and cakes to choose from! While there is only one gluten-free recipe in the book, it gives tips on how to turn any cupcake recipe into a gluten-free recipe. And that's exactly what I did...I made the "Cinnamon Sugar Mama" cupcakes with the butter cake and cinnamon sugar icing. I substituted the all-purpose wheat flour with gluten-free flour and added 25% more baking powder than the recipe called for (this was one of the tips from the book). 

The batter was more grainy than a normal batter would look and the cupcakes were a lot smaller than normal cupcakes come out. I used paper cups in the muffin tins and they ended up being too big for the cupcakes. But I guess all of that is to be expected from what I've read about gluten and it's elastic properties. (Next time I will remember to use only 1 tsp of cinnamon in the icing instead of 2! It tasted good but was just a little too much for me.)

The brownie batter was pretty hard to spread around in the pan; it kept sliding around and was difficult to even out. But in the end, they tasted great! 

The cupcakes and brownies came out pretty well. I'm sure once I get the hang of substituting things, they will taste better but they turned out pretty well for the first time! And I will definitely be using this cookbook in the future! :) 

Comments

  1. The cupcakes and brownies were delicious babe! :) They didn't last long that's for sure. I hope this blog encourages you to use me as a guinea pig for gf treats as often as possible! If you ever need ingredients definitely let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And also, great work on creating this blog, I think you have done a good job with everything!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts