Lazy Day Apple Cobbler

This is my Nana's recipe. One of my favorite memories growing up is eating her peach cobbler after a day of swimming in her and Papaw's pool. Man, did it hit the spot! I knew I wouldn't be able to make it as good as she did, but I hoped I could come close. I made apple b/c we had some frozen canned apples in the freezer and I love any kind of apple dessert. 


                                         

Ingredients:
-1 stick of butter
-1 1/2 cups of sugar
-1 cup self rising flour (to make gfree, I used Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Flour and added 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt)
-3/4 cup milk
-1 cup fruit or 1 can fruit


Melt butter in deep dish

Whisk together 1 cup sugar, 1 cup self rising flour, 3/4 cup milk to a smooth batter


Pour over melted butter, DO NOT STIR
Empty fruit over batter 
Sprinkle with 1/2 cup sugar 


Bake at 350 degrees for about 55 minutes until golden brown (Original recipe called for 45 minutes)


It turned out great! I was so happy to have something work after the bread fiasco yesterday! I forgot how rich this is until I tasted it, but it's delicious!!! Marshal loved it, of course! =) 

Comments

Popular Posts