Sausage Cheese "Biscuits"


These sausage biscuits, or sausage balls, are my aunt's recipe. Everyone in my family LOVES them! And they are sooo easy to make!! 

All you need is:
-3 cups of Gluten Free Bisquick 
-1/4 to 1/2 cup milk or buttermilk (May need more)
-2 cups of shredded cheese (I used sharp this time)
-1 lb sausage 
I didn't have enough Bisquick on hand to make 3 cups so I had to half the recipe, but it yielded about 30 biscuits.

First step: Mix Bisquick and shredded cheese
Second step: Pinch of sausage into bowl with Bisquick and cheese
Third step: Add milk or buttermilk and stir until mixture is moist (I added 1/2 cup and still needed to add more. I didn't measure, I just added little by little until all the Bisquick was mixed in.)
Fourth step: Drop spoonfulls onto ungreased cookie sheets (I always use Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick Foil for baking)


Fifth step: Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until brown. These took a little more than 20 minutes; you just have to watch them b/c they will be brown on the bottom before they need to be taken out (at least that's what happened with mine, I know all ovens are different). 
And that's it! Five easy steps and you've got some yummy snacks!! I took 13 to Marshal this afternoon and they are now all gone! Needless to say, he liked them!! =) 

Comparing them to how they tasted with regular Bisquick, I would say there was really no difference with taste at all. The only thing would be it takes longer for them to bake, but that's no big deal when they taste so good!!! 

Comments

Popular Posts