Yummy Blueberry Muffins!!!


I have to admit, I was a little worried about how these muffins would turn out, but they are AWESOME!! Thanks to my boyfriend Marshal for helping me make these! Someone (guess who) even commented that they were the best blueberry muffins he had ever had! =) I got the recipe from 150 Best Gluten Free Muffin Recipes by Camilla V Saulsbury. 


Instead of using the flour mixture suggested in this recipe, we used Pamela's Gluten Free Baking and Pancake Mix (@PamelasProducts on Twitter) so that we didn't have to spend $30 plus on individual ingredients like xanthan gum ($15 alone), rice flour and tapioca starch.  Pamela's mix conveniently has all of the ingredients in the correct ratio, so to determine the right amount of mix needed, we simply converted the total mL of ingredients (provided in the ingredient list) included in the mix into cups (google helped with that).    


First, we whisked the flour mixture and nutmeg together: 

Then we whisked the sugars, eggs, canola oil, milk and vanilla separately: 

This is what it looked like when we combined the two bowls:
(with fresh blueberries!) 
We sprinkled brown sugar on top of the muffins; the recipe called for  turbinado sugar, but we didn't have any so we improvised with regular brown sugar instead.



Here is the final result:

Yummy! =)


             We went from this:


To this:



They were a hit with me, my parents and of course Marshal loved them! =) I can't wait to try more recipes from this book, so don't be surprised to see blogs about them in the near future!! I loved using Pamela's mix. It smelled amazing and the muffins do not taste gluten free AT ALL! The recipe was very easy to follow and not complicated at all. I would definitely recommend this cookbook to anyone, gluten free or not! 






Comments

Popular Posts