Gluten-Free Banana Bread


This gluten-free recipe is another one from Taste of Home Magazine!! They have some awesome recipes! 
I did have an almond flour banana bread recipe ready to use, but when I went to the store and saw how much almond flour was, I decided to save some money and use this recipe instead!! From 34 views, it got a 5 star rating! Here's a direct link to the recipe:

Ingredients:
-2 cups gluten-free all purpose baking flour (I used Bob's Red Mill!)
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/4 tsp salt
-4 eggs
-2 cups mashed bananas (4 or 5 bananas)
-1 cup sugar
-1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
-1/3 cup canola oil
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 cup chopped walnuts
(Yields 2 loaves)

1) In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.

2) Mash bananas (I used 3 ripe bananas)

3) In a smaller bowl whisk the eggs, sugar, vanilla, oil, bananas and applesauce. Stir into dry ingredients until moistened. 


4) Transfer to two 8 in x 4 in loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts (Instead of walnuts, I used a cinnamon/sugar mixture).

5) Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

6) Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

I think I can safely say that Marshal loved this bread!! My parents loved it as well! I sent Marshal home with one whole loaf, but I'm not sure he will want to share it with anyone else!! I honestly thought this recipe tasted better and healthier than regular banana bread! If you click on the link to the recipe that I posted above, you can see the nutrition facts at the bottom of the page, if you're interested. Thanks again to Taste of Home for the great recipe! Loved it! =) 

Comments

Popular Posts