Microwave Meatloaf


This meatloaf is another one of my Nana's recipes. My mom made this all the time when I was growing up. It's the only type of meatloaf I've ever known! And it's delicious!! Marshal was a little suspicious about meatloaf being cooked in a microwave, but then he found out that his grandmother, whose cooking he loved, used to make it this way as well! Here's my gluten-free version:

Ingredients:
-1 lb ground chuck
-1/3 cup ketchup
-1 box of Glutino crackers crumbled (original recipe called for 3/4 stack of Ritz crackers; Glutino is about the same size and consistency as Ritz)



1) Mix all ingredients together thoroughly with hands. 


2) Form mixture into large oblong shape and pack into dish. This reduces cracking.
Make ring-shaped dish by putting a 6 oz custard cup inverted in center of round 2 qt casserole dish.

3) Brush extra ketchup, or steak sauce if you prefer, on top of the meat. 

4) Microwave, uncovered on high 8-13 minutes. (I used the whole 13 minutes) Let stand 5-10 minutes covered. 



This recipe is soo easy to make and takes about 10 minutes to put everything together. My mouth is watering just thinking about how delicious it is! I wish I had some leftovers, but there are NONE left! =) I'm sure you will love it as much as Marshal did!! ;)
Happy gluten-free cooking!! 




Comments

Popular Posts