GlutenFree Slow-Cooker Chicken Cacciatore

All these hot days that we've been having are good reasons to use the crockpot, so the kitchen doesn't get so hot from the oven. So it totally makes sense that I would use the crockpot, for the first time in forever, on one of the coolest days of the summer so far! Right?!
We had some leftover tomato sauce and some frozen chicken so I just went on a search for a recipe that I wouldnt need to do much shopping for. 
This recipe is from the Fix-It and Forget -It Cookbook, revised and updated edition. 
It is super easy and very tasty! And glutenfree!


What you need:
-4 chicken quarters, or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (I used 3)
-15 oz can tomato, or spaghetti, sauce (I had opened a can a couple days ago and only used a teaspoon or two, but I figured with only 3 chicken breasts it would be ok)
-4 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained (No one in my family really likes these, so I left these out)
-1/2 C water
-1 tsp dry chicken broth granules (I ended up using about a tablespoon, just so I could get enough on all the breasts)
-1/2 tsp Italian seasoning 

Place chicken in slow cooker. Pour on sauce, mushrooms, and water. Sprinkle with granules and seasoning.


Cover. Cook on High 3-4 hours, or on Low 6-8 hours.

I love my pretty crockpot!!


Final product:


Review: I thought it tasted pretty good, for not having a lot of ingredients. I used tomato sauce so I think it would have a better taste with spaghetti sauce; just something to try for next time. 
I will definitely be writing this one down and putting in my recipe notebook! 


Comments

Popular Posts