Gluten Free Italian Spaghetti


This weekend is a very special weekend. My cousin is getting married today and tomorrow is my home church's homecoming- celebrating 80 years. So this is a pretty big weekend for my family but I really wanted to go ahead and share this recipe with you all now. 

I actually got this recipe from Marshal's great aunt Jean. We all went to her house a couple of months ago and Marshal's sister and I were going through her recipes and taking pictures of the ones we wanted. I have heard nothing but awesome things about her cooking, so I hope I did her spaghetti justice. 

Here is what you need:
-1/2 cup chopped onions
-1 lb ground beef
-1/2 tsp garlic powder
-1 Tbsp chili powder
-1/4 tsp pepper
-2 tsp salt
-3 Tbsp sugar
-1 cup tomato sauce
-1/2 cup tomato paste
-1 cup canned tomatoes
-2 cups water

1. First, brown your ground beef.
2. Add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, chili powder, and sugar to the beef. 
3. Then add the tomato sauce, paste and canned tomatoes.
4. Let that simmer for 2 hours. Add more water if necessary.

I then cooked some De Boles Spaghetti Noodles...

And put the pasta and sauce together... 
YUM!!! It smelled delicious!!

Then I put some Udi's Ancient Grains bread under the broiler (with butter of course) and voila, dinner is served!


I really, really loved how this spaghetti tasted. It has a little kick to it, but it's got a really great taste. I can't wait to make it again! And the pasta tasted great too...didn't have that plastic feeling that some gfree pastas do. Marshal and Dad loved it! As did I!! 



Comments

Popular Posts