Gluten Free Cornbread Dressing


My aunt has made her famous dressing for many years now at Thanksgiving and Christmas. When I was thinking of something to use my 1-2-3 Gluten Free Cornbread mix for, I knew I wanted to make this dish; I just needed to tweak it a little bit. 

After making the cornbread and letting it cool, I crumbled the bread up and left it out over night, uncovered. 

The next day, I cooked 1 onion and about 2 cups of celery in chicken broth on the stovetop. Let it simmer until soft, making sure to cover all the onions and celery in your skillet with the broth. Add sage, salt and pepper to the veggies.

Add this mixture to the crumbled cornbread. Add about 2 more cans of broth to the cornbread mixture until everything is coated and moist. 

Bake for 30 to 45 minutes at 400 degrees until golden brown.

I got to make this dish twice and I really am proud of it. We took some of it to a family gathering for Thanksgiving and it was almost all gone. Only a handful of people knew it was gluten free! 
Tip: If you are cooking a turkey and want this to have a turkey flavor like it was stuffing, just use some of your turkey juice instead of the chicken broth. That way, this will have that turkey taste to it but you won't need to "stuff" the turkey. 




Comments

Popular Posts