Gluten Free Slow Cooker Apple Cranberry Pork Roast


Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I can't believe it's already here! Before all the holiday baking and cooking begins, I decided to try out this recipe so we could have something to eat on before we ate some turkey. It's really easy and soo good! 
The recipe came from the Everyday Gluten-Free Slow Cooking Cookbook by Kimberly Mayone and Kitty Broihier. Go here to check out their blog!

This is my first recipe to try from the book and I was not disappointed! 

This has a sauce recipe and ingredients to put on the pork itself. 
For the sauce you need:
-4 Apples (I used Gala)
-1 1/4 C fresh cranberries
-1/3 C sugar
-1/4 C ginger ale (regular, not diet)
-2 Tbsp cornstarch
-1/2 tsp balsamic vingegar
-1/8 tsp ground ginger
-1/8 tsp ground nutmeg or cloves (optional)
-1/8 tsp kosher salt

Stir together these ingredients in the slow cooker crock. 

For the pork:
-2 Tbsp melted butter
-2 tsp poultry seasoning
-1/4 tsp onion powder
-1/4 tsp kosher salt
-1/4 tsp black pepper
-1 (2 1/2 lb) boneless pork loin
(I used pork chops instead)

  • Stir the butter and seasonings together in a small bowl. 
  • Coat the pork with the seasonings.
  • Place pork into slow cooker, fat side up. 
  • Cover and cook 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High.
  • If you use a pork loin, transfer the pork to a cutting board, cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
  • Stir the sauce and serve it alongside the sliced pork. 



This had a great flavor and the pork was very tender. I think I need to write this one down and put it in my recipe notebook! 
Enjoy! And hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!! 



Comments

Popular Posts