Gluten Free Mini Mac & Cheese Cups from Betty Crocker


So, I just recently won 60 cups of gluten free mac and cheese from Maple Grove. Yes, I know, that's a TON! 
It's the add water, heat in microwave and stir, ready to eat, kind of macaroni. Which I am so grateful for. 60 cups is a lot though. So I knew I needed to find creative ways to eat it or I would be sick of it really quick. 
Enter Mac & Cheese Cups....


I already had everything I needed in my pantry. Don't you just love it when that happens? :)

Thanks to Betty Crocker by the way for this awesome recipe! Here is a link to their recipe, which I pretty much followed to a T...recipe

You need:
-1 cup uncooked gluten free macaroni
-3 cups Corn Chex cereal, finely crushed
-2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
-5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
-1 tbsp gluten-free flour blend (I used Better Batter All-Purpose)
-1 cup whole milk, warmed
-1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
-1/4 tsp salt
-1 egg white, beaten until stiff but not dry

First, cook and drain your macaroni as directed on package. (I didn't know if this would work with the microwaveable macaroni, but it did. I just took out the cheese clumps and cooked about three of those cups on the stove.) 

Move oven rack to lower third of oven. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.

Mix crushed cereal, 1 cup of cheese and 4 tablespoons of the melted butter. 


Divide mixture among muffin cups. Press into the bottom and up the sides. (I just kinda set the mixture in the cup and made a well, making sure there was still a layer on the bottom of the cup.)

In saucepan, stir together remaining melted butter (1 tbsp) and flour blend with whisk. Cook over medium heat, 1 minute. 
Stir in warm milk slowly with whisk, cook and stir about 5 minutes or until thickened. 
Remove from heat, stir in 1 cup of the cheese until melted. 


Stir in cooked macaroni, egg yolk and salt. Fold in beaten egg white.


Spoon mixture into muffin cups. Top with remaining shredded cheese. 


Bake about 20 minutes or until golden and puffed. Cool 5 minutes and remove from pan. Serve warm. 


Mmmm...these were sooo good!! I can't wait to make them again! Yeah, it takes a little bit of effort to make them, but it's worth it! Trust me. 









Comments

Popular Posts