Pork and Tomato Skillet Saute from Cooking Light


This recipe is from the July 2012 issue of Cooking Light. I absolutely love Cooking Light magazine. My recipe notebook has several torn out pages from the magazine. 
A lot of the recipes, like this one, are naturally gluten free. 

Here is the link to their recipe: Pork and Tomato Skillet Saute

You need:
-4 tsp olive oil
-4 6 oz pork chops
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp ground pepper
-1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
-2 tsp minced garlic
-2 cups grape tomatoes
-3 tbsp chopped fresh basil 

I kinda made this in a pinch so I wasn't able to use any shallots and I used some fresh spinach leaves instead of basil.

Sprinkle chops with  1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
Use half of olive oil on heated skillet. 
Cook the pork until each side has reached desired doneness. 


Remove the pork from heat and set aside. 
Add the remaining olive oil, shallots, vinegar, and garlic to pan.
Saute for about a minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.

In a separate bowl, combine tomatoes, and remaining salt and pepper. Toss to coat. 
Add this mixture to pan. 
Cook for about 2 minutes or until tomatoes soften. 
This is where I added the spinach and let it soften. 

Sprinkle with basil and serve with pork. 


Just looking at those tomatoes is making me hungry for this recipe again! The family really liked this recipe. Thanks to Cooking Light for another great recipe! It will have a permanent place in my recipe notebook for sure...




Comments

Popular Posts