Crockpot Applesauce BBQ Chicken from Who Needs a Cape?


Hello everyone! Hope you all are doing well! I know I haven't posted in awhile, and I hate it. Wedding planning is taking over my life right now! 

Which is why....recipes like this one are great! So easy to make and it only takes a couple minutes to put together! 

I'm not sure where I originally stumbled upon this recipe, but it's been bookmarked for awhile. I'm so glad I finally got around to making it! 

Here's the link to the original recipe from Who Needs A Cape?


The original recipe called for 4 chicken breasts, but I used 5 so the sauce didn't coat every inch of the chicken but it still tasted great. 

When I put the chicken in the slow cooker, they were still pretty frozen. 
The recipe called to cook it for 6-8 hours. 
I was a little hesitant to take it out after 6 1/2 hours but when I went to pick up the chicken with a fork, it literally fell apart. 

All you need for this recipe is:
-chicken breasts
-bbq sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays)
-applesauce 
-pepper
-brown sugar 
-chili powder

I wasn't quite sure how the bbq sauce and the applesauce would taste together, but wow! Awesome! It's even better served with rice! And it makes for great leftovers! 



It's such a great recipe, that is easily converted to be gluten free! 



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

  1. I really need to invest in a crock pot! This looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts