Gluten Free Hawaiian Chicken


Happy Monday to you all! Hope everyone had a good weekend! I know Mondays can kinda be a drag, but if you're into sports like me, I'm super excited about the NCAA Championship game tonight! This chicken recipe could be a perfect meal for game time! 

I based this recipe off a recipe from Mmm...Cafe. I changed the recipe a bit to accommodate what I had in the my kitchen at the time. 

Here's what I used:
-About 2 pounds of chicken breasts
-Salt and pepper for seasoning
-1/2 cup honey
-about 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
-1/8 cup onion flakes
-1/4 cup ketchup 
-1 Tbsp vegetable oil
-1 clove garlic, minced
-1/4 cup of pineapple orange juice (Regular orange juice could work too)
-1 Tbsp marmalade jam

Mix all ingredients, except salt and pepper, together to make sauce.
Dice chicken and season with salt and pepper. Place in casserole dish and pour sauce over chicken. 


Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. 
Serve with rice. 

The smell of this chicken is amazing. I served with rice and green beans. 
If you want to make this in the slow cooker, head on over to the link I listed above. There is a  slow cooker option there. 

Comments

Popular Posts