Homemade French Toast Sticks


I'm so glad that everything is finally unpacked and I can actually cook again! I went for about a month without being able to cook or bake anything, which for some people doesn't mean anything, but for me, it does! 
I like to experiment in the kitchen sometimes and this is one of my experiments. I'm very pleased with how they turned out! 

I used Kinnikinnick Hot Dog Buns for these, but any kind of gluten free bread should work. Preferably a thicker kind that can soak up the eggs. 


I cut the hog dog buns into fourths. I only had two buns, but that still gave me enough for a meal and even some leftovers! 

Here's what I used:
-2 hot dog buns
-2 large eggs
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1/3 cup milk
-splash of vanilla
-1 Tbsp syrup (I used pure maple syrup)
-1 tsp powdered sugar
-Cinnamon/sugar mixture


Whisk all ingredients, except for the cinnamon/sugar mixture, together. 



After dipping the hot dog bun strips in the egg mixture, either roll your strips in the cinnamon/sugar mixture or if you prefer something less messy, sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar mixture on the strips after they are placed on your baking sheet. 


Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes. Just make sure they don't burn. 


Served hot with some maple syrup and powdered sugar....there's nothing better! 











Comments

Popular Posts