Summer Blueberry Salad


Happy Celiac Awareness month!! What a great opportunity for us all to spread the word and educate! 

It's been awhile since I've posted anything. I've been super busy with nursing school but I'm done for the summer so I hope to get more blog posts out soon. In the mean time....

This recipe is one of my new favorites now and I can't wait to share it. It's one of my grandmothers recipes. It's super easy and really delicious. And perfect for summer! 


Here's what you need: 
-6 oz of any berry jello you like ( I used blackberry but raspberry, blueberry or strawberry would work too) 
-1 C of hot water 
-1 15 oz can of blueberries with juice
-20 oz crushed pineapple with juice 

1) Dissolve 6 oz of jello in hot water 


2) Add blueberries with juice and pineapple with juice 


3) Chill until firm (should take several hours) 


4) If desired, cover with cool whip topping. We just put a spoonful with each serving we ate. 


And it's that easy! I love easy recipes like this. 
It makes a lot so you might want to only use 3.5 oz of jello if you're not preparing for a big group or don't want a lot. 

I'm so excited for summer and I can't wait to post more recipes! 
Happy summer and happy Celiac Awareness Month! 







Comments

  1. This was a nice summer treat, looking forward to having it again soon :) MH

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts