Apple Pie Bars with Bakery On Main Oatmeal

Fall is officially here! And this time next week, we will be in October! I feel like I say this every year, but the year really is flying by so fast! 

With the start of fall, I have been craving all things apple and pumpkin! I'm so excited to share my first post of the season! These are apple pie bars made from Bakery On Main Apple Pie Oatmeal! Of course, these can be made with any type of oatmeal, but I had this flavor on hand and since it's apple, it was perfect for fall! This oatmeal is great by itself, but I wanted to change things up a bit.  Visit Bakery on Main's website here. 




Recipe listed below pictures...



I used 5 of these oatmeal packets in my recipe. They come with 6 in each box that you buy.


After mixing all ingredients together, I spooned them into my pan. For this recipe, I decided to use a brownie pan to make individual squares. If you don't have a pan like this, you could use a square baking pan or a muffin tin instead. If you used a square baking pan, you might need to add on more time to your overall baking time. Remember, all ovens vary by temperature so make sure you keep an eye on what you're baking. 




As you can see, I've sprinkled cinnamon and sugar on top of each one. 



Mmmm...Straight out of the oven! 



The perfect fall dessert! 


Apple Pie Bars using Bakery on Main Oatmeal:

Ingredients
-2 cups of oatmeal (about 5 packets of Bakery on Main oatmeal)
-1 Cup of water
-1 egg, beaten
-Splash of maple syrup or honey
-1/2 tsp of cinnamon
-1/2 tsp of sugar

Instructions:

1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
2. Mix oatmeal, water, the beaten egg and maple syrup or honey together in a bowl.
3. Place in pan of your choice. (Brownie or muffin pan would be best)
4. Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes, until the bars start to brown. 
5. Sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture on the bars about halfway through baking time.
6. Serve warm. Store leftovers in the fridge. 

I was so excited about how these turned out. They hold together really well, so they are a great on-the-go snack! 


As always, happy baking and happy fall!! 












Comments

Popular Posts