Betty Crocker Gluten Free Cheeseburger Pie
Only one word comes to mind when I think about this dish....YUM!!
This pie can either be served as a dinner entree OR you could use sausage instead of beef and serve for breakfast...
It's so simple and quick!
All you need is:
-1 lb ground beef
-1 medium onion
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/8 tsp pepper
-1 C shredded cheddar cheese
-1 C milk
-1/2 C Gluten Free Bisquick
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9 inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
- In skillet, cook beef and onion, stirring frequently until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in salt and pepper. Spread in pie plate.
- Sprinkle cheese over meat.
- Stir eggs, milk and Bisquick mix together in a separate bowl until blended. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
I had trouble with one step. When I poured the Bisquick wet mixture over the meat and cheese, it started spilling over the sides before I could even finish pouring it all in. I will try to use a bigger pie plate next time (and will put a baking sheet beneath the plate in the oven just in case it spills over!). I learned that lesson the hard way. :/
We all loved this and I can't wait to make it with sausage for breakfast!!