Brown Sugar Pepper Bacon

So bacon is pretty much a universal love, right? I don't think I've ever met anyone who doesn't like bacon, even though I know they're out there somewhere. But for now, I will assume that if you are reading this, you love, or at least like, bacon. 

Now that we've covered that, in my opinion, I think the best way to cook bacon is in the oven. It's a lot less time consuming and is so much easier to clean up! I've been cooking bacon in the oven on either parchment paper or aluminum foil for a long time, but recently I've found another way to step up my game: Brown Sugar Pepper Bacon. 


Here's what you need:
-Parchment paper or aluminum foil
-Jelly roll pan or baking sheet with sides 
-About 12 strips of bacon (or however many will fit your pans)
-Brown Sugar 
-Black Pepper

Recipe:
-Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
-Line pans with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
-Lay bacon strips side by side on pan. Try not to overlap bacon so it can cook evenly. 
-Sprinkle bacon with black pepper.
-Take brown sugar by the spoonful and sprinkle evenly on the bacon. Spread with your hands to distribute evenly.
-Bake at 375 degrees for about 30-40 minutes, or until your desired doneness. We like ours a little crispy so baking for about 40 minutes works well with our oven. 
-Once the bacon is done, remove with tongs or a fork and place on paper towel lined plate to drain grease. 



Comments

Popular Posts