Enjoy Life Foods Gluten Free Turkey Meatloaf

Pan Full of Meatloaf

I recently printed off a lot of recipes from Enjoy Life's website to add to my recipe notebook. This was one I was especially excited to try. 
I already have a gluten free meatloaf recipe that we love but when I saw the words turkey and meatloaf together, I knew I had to try it. 

Ingredients you need are:
-1 C seasoned breadcrumbs
-1 medium onion, chopped fine
-1 clove garlic, minced
-1 C chicken stock
-1 T tapioca starch (or corn starch)
-1-1.5 lbs ground turkey, beef or chicken
-1 t salt
-1 T gluten-free ketchup


Sauce:
-1/4 C gluten-free ketchup
-1 T mustard (optional)
-1 t packed brown sugar

Enjoy Life uses a lot of tapioca starch in their recipes so I decided to try it and see what happened. I ended up having to order it from Vitacost.com because it's not carried in my local grocery store. 

Organic Tapioca Starch


1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line a sheet tray or loaf pan with parchment or non-stick spray. (I accidentally forgot to spray and the meatloaf still didn't stick! I still would recommend spraying though, just in case.)
3. Sautee the onion and garlic until onion is translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. 
(I left out the onion and garlic so I skipped this step.)
4. Meanwhile, make tapioca gel. To do this, combine cold chicken stock with tapioca. While stirring, bring to a simmer. Remove from heat immediately and allow to cool.
5. In a large bowl, combine turkey meat, cooled onions, and bread crumbs. With your hands, work together the ingredients until combined. 
6. Add in the 1 T ketchup and tapioca gel, again working with your hands until combined. Shape into a loaf and place in loaf pan or directly on sheet pan for a "free form" meatloaf.
7. Combine the mustard, ketchup and brown sugar together. Pour over top of meatloaf, if desired. 


Bake for approximately 60-70 minutes, or until cooked through. Do not overcook.


Remove from oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes. The meatloaf can be easily sliced and served as is. 
Serve immediately, freeze or refrigerate for up to 3 days. 


We all loved this recipe. It's definitely a different taste with using the turkey instead of beef but it's still just as tasty and healthier. 
It was the first time I've used tapioca starch so I think it will take me awhile to get used to making it into gel. 
Overall, this is a great recipe that I will be making again! 
Thanks Enjoy Life for the great recipe! 

For all my readers, if you want to follow my blog, just look at the last tab on the vertical black line on the far right side of my webpage. The last tab says Subscribe. Enter your email and you'll instantly get updates about new blog posts! 
Instead of having to bookmark all your favorite pages (I know how those can add up quickly), just subscribe and the work is done for you! 
Enjoy the rest of your week and I'll be talking to you again soon!! 
Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK! Wow! 

Comments

Popular Posts